blog content ©Cloud World Llc-all rights reserved

please note: some content is otherwise copyrighted, please contact us at:
info@maynarddixondoc.com to inquire about permissions.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Showing off my Spur award with author Robert W. Larson



On June 14, 2008, I had the pleasure of receiving the Spur award from the Western Writers of America, at their conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "Maynard Dixon Art and Spirit" was named Best Documentary 2008. It was a perfect evening of music, gracious acceptance speeches, laughter and tears. I met so many talented and generous people, and it was a great honor to have my first film recognized and appreciated by this incredible group of talented people. The only disappointment was that my co-writer, Maynard Dixon's son, Daniel, was unable to attend the banquet, which is why I'm holding two awards! I'm looking forward to delivering the award to him in person sometime soon.

No comments: