blog content ©Cloud World Llc-all rights reserved

please note: some content is otherwise copyrighted, please contact us at:
info@maynarddixondoc.com to inquire about permissions.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sunday, Feb. 1st Screening at the Palm Springs Museum of Art

The film drew great audiences at the Palm Springs International film festival, and received an honorable mention as an audience favorite. John Dixon and I had a lot of fun answering questions from the audience, and he cracked everyone up when asked if he had talent as a painter, like his famous father. "I'm pretty good at walls, but not so hot with ceilings." he quipped.

The Awards Gala was fabulous and star-studded, my favorite introduction was to Dale Chihuly, the remarkable glass sculptor. His work has fascinated me for years, and I was able to speak to him about how much I enjoyed the documentary produced about him, there's much to see on his website:
http://www.chihuly.com/Video/screening.html

The festival screened many incredible films, and my friend, Eric Bricker's film, VISUAL ACOUSTICS, The Modernism of Julius Shulman, won the Audience Choice award. By all means, check it out: http://www.juliusshulmanfilm.com/

No comments: