blog content ©Cloud World Llc-all rights reserved

please note: some content is otherwise copyrighted, please contact us at:
info@maynarddixondoc.com to inquire about permissions.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Farewell to Summertime

As the days of summer come to an end, I look forward to the fall and all that I have planned. I have been working as a co-producer on a friend's film, and we will complete principal photography in the next couple of months.

I have had several ideas for my next film. I would love to complete the Director's Cut of Maynard Dixon Art and Spirit. I still have 100 hours on the shelf, and those tapes include some remarkable people who were so knowledgeable about Dixon, and shared such incredible comments about Dixon's personality, his skill and his soul. It haunts me that I wasn't able to include all of this impressive and important testimony in the film.

My filmmaker friend's all console me, "Walk Away!" and they seem familiar with that dream of going back, re-editing and reworking everything that you wished you'd known better when making your first film. Better to create an entirely new film and keep moving, keep learning, keep improving, they say.

I do have several great subjects that I'd love to produce films about. And lots of great supporters anxious to join me in fleshing out the stories, rounding up the photos and archival film...well, I will think about it all soon. It's still summer, and I am heading up to Tahoe...

So, I wanted to post something, it's been so long. I still think of Maynard Dixon often, whenever I look at those glorious clouds against a vibrant blue sky. I'm told that lots of other people do too, and the film continues to sell briskly. I am grateful. Grateful for the sales, the good reviews, and also very grateful that those whose interviews weren't included in the film understand. I'm still dreaming about sharing those interviews and maybe someday I will.

Enjoy these last lovely days of summer.



No comments: